Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How do I do it?

you know, I come on to my blog and complain that I am doing so horrible, but the scale has never actually shown me that I have done horrible. Take today for an example, I did horrible yesturday for stick on plan, but I weighed in at 128. 128 is an excellent weight since the lowest I have ever weighed in is 127.6, and that was only a few days ago. You know what I am thinking is going on here. I think I am not use to maintaining. Maintaining, as I am learning, is completly different then losing. I have to becareful not to gain, but I can allow myself more, and enjoy more as long as i don't over do it. Since I have been dieting for so long, I always think I am over doing it. I think what I need to do is better log my food so I can see how much i can eat to maintain. I started eating bread and meat again and i have been going to subway in between classes which is awesome because a 6 inch sub will really satisfy me. I would like to lose maybe another 10 pounds. I am not sure why. I always thought i would be happy at 140 and here i am at 128 and wanting to lose more. I am back to logging everything so I can get out of maintaince mode and back into losing mode.

Aside from that everything else is going pretty well. School is super stressful. its my last semester as I am sure I have mentioned before. I have a bunch of BIG papers and a 70 min seminar that I have to have done. but its all going to be worth it in december...someone please tell me this is true..it will be worth it right??

I have been considering grad school lately. well I am just not sure yet. It won't be right after I graduate but maybe in a year, depending on how I do with job searches and everything. I am a Public Justice major and I want to work with troubled teens. I did an internship with probation and I love it so much that I am continuing it through December. well thats pretty much an update from me. Thanks for all your support!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi - just tell me to mind my own business if you want, but --- what are your stats? How tall are you? It seems to me that 128 is admirable unless you are very short (5'2" or less) --- so maybe I'm acting like a mom, but it might not be healthy to lose too much more --- maybe you could really examine your motivation for losing more, too. Skinny doesn't equal happy and it doesn't make non weight related problems go away. Maybe none of that even applies to you, and if not then best wishes for getting to the goal that you are happy with.

MMalloy said...

I totally get wanting to lose just a little more even after reaching a goal. I am also short (5'2.5" on a good day) and I hate feeling short and chuby!
Anyways, YES all this hard work will pay off. You arecompleting something so many people on wish they could. I would love to say it gets easier after that degree, but I can't. Enjoy the time you have in school, there is no rush to get into "the real world"!
I am in grad school now, I love it, I took a year off to save up some money and get started in my industry. There are so many options and the best thing about grad school is you can start it whenever you want and you will still fit in. One of my best friends is in Public Justice and since the job market in that field is slow (in MN at least) she decided to find a job to get her foot in the door and start Grad school online. She doesn't take a full load and complete it on her schedule.
The internship sounds great and possibly it could lead to more opportunities. Concentrate on yourself and finishing school this year. Grad school will be there when you are ready!!

Amanda said...

I won't say life is great when you get out of school, but it IS worth it! :) LOL!!

WHY do you want to lose more?? I'm with Chris on this one. If you get down to 120 or 117, will you be able to maintain it?? Will that truly make you "happy"? I'm guessing no. You will still want to lose even more and before you know it you will weigh less than 100! And that's not healthy. If you are short (5'2" or less) then maybe it's doable, but is it maintainable?!? Just my .02.

:) Glad to hear you are doing good other wise! I've missed your blogging!

Sarah in AZ said...

Good luck with school! Hang in there! I wish I was graduating, it has to be great to be in the home stretch!