Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sick...?

I don't want to be sick. In fact I was hoping it was just a cold. I really was, but the longer this nasty sore throat goes on the more i am thinking that it is more then that. OK so my sore throat started WED and it is only SAT AM, BUT its getting worse not better. I can not survive without some sort of pain reliever because I can not swallow because it hurts so bad. I have never had strep throat or anything like that and I am HOPING that it not what that is. I was looking in my mouth yesturday, well last night to see if it was swollen or anything, and obviously it was, and I also so a lot of white spot on the right side of my mouth in the very back and it goes all the way down to where i can not see . That is not good is it?? I mean if its a sort of infection then all I need is antibiotics, but that would require a trip to the doctors office. I have no insurence right now and I owe my doctor on past bills. :/. I really don't know what to do. EVen if i decided i can go to the doctor The first day I would be able to go is wed AM, so if it doesn't clear up I guess I will go wed morning. I just really want the pain to go away because I don't think its this healthy to be taking this much tylenol. I am taking 2 every 4 hours. I wait till the pain comes back but it usually takes about 4 hours. In the middle of the night it was taking 2 hours. grr i hope that doesn't mean its getting worse. I'll find out with time i guess. Someone please tell me the spots are normal for a cold..


I'll start my menu today and update it as the day goes on. Oh yeah I did stay ontrack yesturday. Lets see if I can keep up the good work!!

Chicken Noodle Soup w/ toast----270
soy chips---365
cough drops---20
propel 75
Fruit cup----200
soup---410
1340

2 comments:

Amanda said...

The white spots sound like strep to me. Sorry!!! And if it is, it's just going to get worse until you get some antibiotics. I wouldn't wait to go to the doctor and I wouldn't work either. Strep is highly contagious too. The last time I had strep, I went to the doctor on the first day and I was down and out for 3 days. It's NOT fun, I agree. I hope you feel better soon and can get some relief!!

Swizzlepop said...

I agree with Amanda, the white spots do NOT sound good. I haven't had strep in years but I know for other bad throat soreness they say you should gargle with vinegar and or salt water to help kill what ever is there. I's worth a try but if it is serious then the home remedies can only do so much.

Definitely see the doctor or urgent care or something, you don't want it to get too serious.